Applications for Year 7 Secondary school entry in September 2016
If your child was born between 1 September 2004 and 31 August 2005 you must apply for a new Year 7 Secondary school entry place.
The closing date for secondary transfer applications was midnight on 31 October 2015. You can’t apply online now.
You can still make an application by printing out the Secondary application form (pdf) and posting it to School Admissions (Romney House), PO Box 3176, Bristol BS3 9FS.
We’ll consider all applications received after 31 October 2015 in the second round of allocations in May 2016.
For other year groups you should make an In Year application.
Find out about studio schools and university technical colleges, which offer practical and academic learning for 14 to 19 year olds.
Information about Secondary schools
Before applying for a new Year 7 Secondary school place you should read the following information:
- our Guide for Parents and Carers (pdf, 4.4 MB) (opens new window) provides essential information on the different types of school and how to apply.
- find your nearest school (new window) - you'll need your postcode
- you can make arrangements to visit schools. Their set open days are in September and early October.
Timetable for Co-ordinated Secondary Admissions for Academic Year 2016/2017
31 October 2015
Closing date for all applications.
Week commencing 16 November 2015
Bristol Local Authority sends details of applications received for schools in other Local Authorities to the relevant Local Authority.
By 23 November 2015
Bristol Local Authority sends details of applications received to schools.
By 9 January 2016
Schools send lists of the pupils to be offered and/or refused places to local Authority.
By 9 February 2016
Bristol Local Authority to inform other Local Authorities of the outcome of applications made by their residents for schools within Bristol.
By 26 February 2016
Bristol schools informed by Bristol Local Authority of final offers up to the Admission Number. Schools will not notify parents of the outcome.
Posted 1st class 1 March 2016
Single offer of a school place made for children resident in Bristol, including offers on behalf of other Local Authorities and own admission authority schools.
By 15 March 2016
Parents to respond to offers made.
By 15 April 2016
Bristol Local Authority informs schools of offers accepted.
18 March 2016 and 18 April 2016
As far as possible, details of late applications, on time applicants still seeking a place at their preferred schools and of places not accepted to be exchanged between Local Authorities.
6 May 2016
Second round of allocations to be made.
Deadline for appeals to be lodged for appeals presented by Bristol City Council School Admissions
Information about oversubscribed schools
The following schools are full for admission to Year 7 in September 2015. Information on how places were allocated is available below.
- Bristol Cathedral Choir School (pdf, 119 KB) (opens new window)
- Bristol Free School (pdf, 191 KB) (opens new window)
- Colstons Girl's School (pdf, 153 KB) (opens new window)
- Cotham School (pdf, 99 KB) (opens new window)
- Oasis Academy John Williams (pdf, 86 KB) (opens new window)
- Redland Green School (pdf, 101 KB) (opens new window)
- Steiner Academy Bristol (pdf, 76 KB) (opens new window)
- St Bede's Catholic College (pdf, 184 KB) (opens new window)
- St Bernadette Catholic Secondary School (pdf, 65 KB) (opens new window)
- St Mary Redcliffe & Temple CE School (pdf, 17 KB) (opens new window)
- BANES Schools (pdf, 339 KB) (opens new window)
- North Somerset Schools (pdf, 65 KB) (opens new window)
- South Gloucestershire Schools (pdf, 2.4 MB)
Second round of allocations for Year 7 September 2015
- Bristol Brunel Academy 2nd round 2015 (pdf, 105 KB) (opens new window)
- Bristol Cathedral Choir School 2nd round 2015 (pdf, 88 KB) (opens new window)
- Bristol Free School 2nd round 2015 (pdf, 105 KB) (opens new window)
- Bristol Metropolitan Academy 2nd round 2015 (pdf, 94 KB) (opens new window)
- Colston Girls School 2nd round 2015 (pdf, 107 KB) (opens new window)
- Cotham School 2nd round 2015 (pdf, 105 KB) (opens new window)
- Oasis Academy John Williams 2nd round 2015 (pdf, 144 KB) (opens new window)
- Redland Green School 2nd round 2015 (pdf, 14 KB) (opens new window)
- St Bede's Catholic College 2nd round 2015 (pdf, 212 KB)