Mental health services


Here is the important information that you need to know to get a mental health service. There are also a small number of links to mainly national organisations, as well as to some useful local publications.

Who to contact

GP or doctor

Your GP or doctor is the first person to contact.

If you don't have a doctor you can find GP services on the NHS Choices website or call 0845 46 47.

Adult care services

You can also contact adult care services for help and advice.  Telephone 0117 922 2700.

In an emergency

Telephone 0117 942 9224 or outside office hours 01454 61 5165.

Groups offering support and advice

Go to Well Aware and search "mental wellbeing".

Mental health web links