Information about cycling in Bristol and how to get involved.
If you'd like to start cycling or already ride a bike, visit Better By Bike.
On Better By Bike, you'll find:
- a bike loan scheme: borrow a free bike for a month
- child and adult cycle training: build your confidence
- cycle routes, maps and guides
- the latest cycling news
- local cycling events
- cycle journey planner
- Family Cycling Centre: traffic-free centre for all abilities
- Mountain biking: routes, video and maps
Cycling in Bristol
We have a three-year partnership with British Cycling to promote cycling in Bristol.
Visit the Bristol Active City website to find out more about:
- getting started in road cycling, mountain biking or BMX
- cycling events in Bristol for families and sports cyclists
- other cycling groups in Bristol
Come to the cycle forum meetings to keep up to date with Bristol City Council’s planned cycling schemes in Bristol.
There are regular guest speakers talking about local provision and promotions of cycling in local areas.
You don’t have to book, just turn up and everyone is welcome.
Dates for 2019 to 2020
- Thursday 18 July, 2019
- Thursday 24 October, 2019
- Thursday 23 January, 2020
Location: City Hall, College Green, BS1 5TR. Ask at reception for the room.
Time: 6pm to 7.30pm
Cycle Forum mailing list
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join the cycle forum enewsletter.
Cycling infrastructure projects
For information on cycling infrastructure projects visit Travelwest.