Disabled person's bus pass

Disabled person's bus pass


You'll need:

  • to live in the Bristol City Council area (your sole or primary residence)
  • to have a disability (see 'who can apply')
  • proof of identity (see application form)
  • proof of address (see application form)
  • a passport standard photo: see rules for passport photos on GOV.UK
  • medical evidence of your disability. Your GP may charge for this. We can't reimburse you if they do. 

Use the disabled adults bus pass application form (pdf, 90KB) (opens new window) or contact us to send you a form.

If you are a young person you should use the disabled young person's bus pass application form. (pdf, 88KB) (opens new window)

Other ways to apply

Contact us for a form in a different format like Braille, audio CD, large print, electronic, BSL DVD or commuity language.

Who can apply

You can apply if:

  • you're severely sight impaired (SSI) or sight impaired (SI)
  • you're profoundly or severely deaf
  • you cannot speak or your ability to speak is severely and permanently impaired
  • you're a veteran or service person and you receive a lump sum payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme in tariff 1-8 or you receive the War Pensioners Mobility Supplement.
  • you have a learning disability
  • you do not have arms or have long-term loss of the use of both arms
  • your ability to walk is permanently and severely impaired
  • you already have a blue badge
  • you're unable to drive due to a medical condition.

Companion bus pass

Apply for a companion bus pass if you are unable to travel on public transport for the whole journey without help from a companion.


Three months before your card runs out we'll write to you and invite you to apply for another disabled person's bus pass (we'll enclose an application form). 

Please let us know if you have changed address.

Contact us

Travelcard Office (100 Temple St)
Bristol City Council
PO Box 3176

Telephone: 0117 922 2600