Free companion travel
You can apply if you're unable to :
- travel on public transport for the whole journey without help from a companion
- walk to a bus stop and get on/off a bus without help
Use the travel companion section of:
- older person's bus pass application form (pdf, 90k) (opens new window)
- disabled person's bus pass application form (pdf, 90k) (opens new window)
- disabled young person's bus pass application form (pdf, 88k) (opens new window)
What you need to know
You'll need written confirmation from your GP or hospital consultant that you need help to travel.
Your companion must travel with you for the whole journey (although they don’t need to come with you every time).
Free travel for your companion may not be available outside of Bristol, South Gloucestershire, Bath and North East Somerset and North Somerset). Please check with the area you are travelling in.
Free travel for a companion will be added to your bus pass (you'll not get a separate bus pass for your companion).