What vehicles we can MOT test, the cost of the test and how to book an appointment.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) booking notice:
Call 0117 903 6319 to book your test and make payments.
You can book up to two weeks in advance and then pay anytime up to the day before your test.
You must collect a receipt from the reception and show this at the MOT test bay.
If you’re experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms do not attend your appointment. Follow the latest advice and information on GOV.UK.
We offer MOT testing to members of the public and businesses. We can’t provide a repair service so you’ll need to take it away for repairs if it fails its MOT.
What vehicles we MOT test
We can MOT test vehicles weighing up to 7.5 tonnes including:
- motor homes
- camper vans
Book an MOT Test
Call 0117 903 6319 to book a MOT test. You should allow a week’s notice for your test to be booked.
You’ll need to give us your:
- vehicle registration
- telephone number
- vehicle make and model
MOT tests, class and costs
Class 1, Motorcycles:
Full test: £25
Retest fee: £12 (if applicable)
Class 4, cars up to 8 seats, motor homes/camper vans
Full test: £48
Retest fee: £24 (if applicable)
Class 5, minibuses (9-16 seats)
Full test: £57
Retest free: £29
Class 5, buses with more than 16 seats
Full test: £77
Retest free: £38
Class 7, goods vehicles over 3000kg, up to 3500 design gross weight
Full test: £56
Retest free: £28
Duplicate test certificates: £5
Police 'Stop' notice removal: £5
Before the test
Because of COVID19 precautions, before you visit us for your test you must:
- come alone, do not bring pets, children or other people with you
- make sure your vehicle is clean and free from any unhygienic matter such as used tissues, gloves or wipes
- remain outside for the test, there may be no shelter available so please come prepared for the weather
Attending your MOT test
When you visit us for your test, you will need to:
- make sure you arrive 10 minutes before your appointment
- drive to the test centre and park in a lane. Your engine must be at its normal operating temperature for the test
- get out the vehicle before it enters the test lane. Our staff will take the vehicle to clean it and carry out the full test
- if you can’t get out of the vehicle call us on 0117 9036319 and we can make alternative arrangements
- your vehicle will be sanitised after the test, but please bring your own sanitiser and wipes to sanitise all interior surfaces after the test
Monday, 7am to 5pm
Tuesday, 7am to 5pm
Wednesday, 7am to 5pm
Thursday, 7am to 5pm
Friday, 7am to 4.30pm
Sandy Park Road
You can access our office through the stone archway off Bath Road.