Coronavirus (COVID-19): changes to waste services
Coronavirus: changes to waste services
Which waste services have been suspended, which are running as usual and what to do with coronavirus waste.
Reuse and recycling centres
- restrictions on when you can go to a recycling centre
- strict social distancing measures in place
Only go to a recycling centre if you can’t store your waste or recycling at your home without it being a risk to your health.
Business Waste Transfer Station open
The Avonmouth Business Waste Transfer Station is open for commercial, charged-for waste. You must:
- follow social distancing rules at the weighbridge and when tipping
- separate your waste as normal
Waste and recycling collection services running as usual
Thanks to the dedication and commitment of our crews, our waste and recycling collection services are running as usual.
To avoid placing extra strain on our crews, you should:
- delay projects that might generate extra waste or recycling
- avoid putting extra waste in the black wheelie bin
- sort your recycling properly
Before you put items such as used tissues and disposable cleaning cloths in your black bin, you should:
- double-bag them, tying the bags securely
- keep them separate from other waste for 72 hours before putting them out for collection