How we charge for a property we find to be unlicensed.
If we find an unlicensed rented property, we:
- add an extra £100 to the fee to cover our investigation time
If you fail to licence an address that isn’t exempt we may:
- take prosecution proceedings
- impose a financial penalty of up to £30,000
If you’re convicted, the Court may impose an unlimited fine.
You could also:
- have control of your unlicensed properties taken away from you
- be ordered to repay up to 12 months’ rent to the us or your tenants
- be restricted on how you terminate tenancies