Why you should choose to foster with us, and how we’re different to other organisations you can foster with.
By becoming one of our foster carers, you’ll join an experienced and supportive specialist community of carers and staff.
There are many reasons why people choose to foster with us, including:
- that we are a not for profit fostering agency
- that you will not be without a child
- training and support before, during and in between children coming into your care, including your own dedicated social worker
- regular contact with other carers and our fostering team
- rewards and discounts in Bristol and nationally
- the satisfaction of doing something for your city
Not for profit
As a local authority, we are a not-for-profit agency. This means it’s the children who benefit most from what we do. A large proportion of our financial resources goes towards helping our children find the right fostering homes, and training and support for you.
You will not be without a child
We’re responsible for all the children in care in Bristol. As a rule, we will place children with our in-house carers first. Our carers usually have one or more children living with them all year round.
Having children live with you on a regular basis means you can rely on the regular payments and allowances that we give to all of our carers.
Bristol children do better with Bristol carers
Children placed with our own carers are less likely to experience moves and are more likely to be able to stay at their school and maintain links with their important people.