Under the Licensing Act 2003 each Licensing Authority is required to publish a statement of its licensing policy every five years.
The last full policy review took place in 2013 and came into effect 1 August 2015. The revised licensing policy and Appendices C and D are available in the related documents section.
Statement of Licensing Policy 2015 to 2020
Due to a number of legislative changes we reviewed our statement of Licensing Policy. The draft policy went before the full council on 21 July 2015 and was approved. It had effect from 1 August 2015.
The revised policy incorporates the following key changes:
- Reference to the possible introduction of Early Morning Restriction Orders (EMROs) which enable licensing authorities to restrict the sale of alcohol in the whole or a part of their area for any specified time between 12 midnight and 6 am (paragraph 6.5.4)
- Amended references following new statutory guidance issued by the Secretary of State
- Removal of terms ‘interested parties’ and ‘vicinities test’ following legislative changes
- Licensing Authority and Director of Public Health becoming responsible authorities
- Changes to the lifespan of the Licensing Policy (three years to five years)
- Additions to the Pool of Conditions document in respect of gas installations and proxy sales
- Guidance to the Licensing Authority about its role as a responsible authority (para 7)
- New paragraph relating to enforcement policies (para 9)
- New paragraph on expectations of applicants when completing application forms including the description of the premises (para 2.14)
- New paragraph relating to licensing and planning (para 8).
Elsewhere on the web
- Licensing Act 2003 : Section 182 Guidance from Home Office Go to https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/explanatory-memorandum-revised-guidance-issued-under-s-182-of-licensing-act-2003 (opens new window)
- Enforcement and Regulatory Services Customer Satsifaction Survey (Surveymonkey) Go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EARSCustomerSatisfactionSurvey (opens new window)
- Statement of Licensing Policy (pdf, 0.7 MB) (pdf, 724KB) (opens new window)
- Licensing Policy Appendix C Model Operating Schedules (pdf, 0.7 MB) (pdf, 677KB) (opens new window)
- Appendix D - Cumulative Impact Area map - City Centre.pdf (pdf, 2.9 MB) (pdf, 2.9MB) (opens new window)
- Appendix D - Cumulative Impact Area map - Gloucester Road.pdf (pdf, 3.6 MB) (pdf, 3.6MB) (opens new window)
- Appendix D - Cumulative Impact Area map - Clifton.pdf (pdf, 2.3 MB) (pdf, 2.3MB) (opens new window)
- Appendix D - Cumulative Impact Area map - Whiteladies Road.pdf (pdf, 2.0 MB) (pdf, 2MB) (opens new window)
- Appendix D - Cumulative Impact Area map - Southville and Bedminster (pdf, 1.3 MB) (pdf, 1.3MB) (opens new window)
- Licensing Act - Pool of conditions (pdf, 0.5 MB) (pdf, 420KB) (opens new window)