You can get a replacement permit for damaged, lost or stolen permits.
You can't get a replacement for visitors' permits.
What you'll need
- lost your permits, you'll need a loss number from the report your loss online service
- had your permit stolen, you'll need a crime reference number from the Police
The cost for replacing a:
- stolen permit: free
- a damaged or illegible permit: £5
- a lost or destroyed permit holding one registration number: £5
- a lost or destroyed permit holding two registration numbers within the first six months of being issued: full cost of a new permit
- a lost or destroyed permit holding two registration numbers within the second six months of being issued : half the cost of a new permit