Get a digital permit online so that you can park in your residents' parking area.
Get residents' parking permits
Our residents' parking permits are digital. You can apply for and manage your permits online. You don't need to display anything in your vehicle and your permit will be active straight after your application has been approved and paid for.
You cannot get residents' parking permits for most new homes built since:
- 13 October 2005 in the Central Parking Zone
- 1 August 2018 in residents' parking scheme (RPS) areas
These developments are know as car free or low car developments.
Go to Restrictions on parking permits for car free or low car developments to check if you:
- live in a car free or low car development
- can apply for a parking permit
Apply for residents' parking permits
If you have a MiPermit Go to https://secure.mipermit.com/bristol/Application/ModuleLander.aspx (opens new window) account, sign in to your account to apply online.
If you haven't got a MiPermit Go to https://secure.mipermit.com/bristol/Application/ModuleLander.aspx (opens new window) account, to register and apply online you'll need:
- to live in a residents' parking area
- an email address to register
- your postcode and house number
- a debit or credit card to pay if you need to pay for your permit
- vehicle registration certificate V5C (log book) for each vehicle
- your council tax account number which is on your council tax bill:
- if you pay council tax direct to the council but don't have your account number, you can request a copy of your bill online
- if you pay council tax as part of your rent, have just moved in to the property or don't pay council tax at all, see our pdf Residents' Parking terms and conditions (255 KB) for other types of evidence that we accept
- email a copy of your evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org and then call 0345 520 7007 to continue with your application
Get digital residents' parking permits
Help with using MiPermit Go to https://secure.mipermit.com/bristol/Application/HowItWorks.aspx?P=RESIDENT (opens new window)
If you have problems registering or applying for permits call 0345 520 7007.
We may contact you to check any information you give us as part of your parking permit application.
Central Parking Zone
There is a limited number of residents’ parking permits available for the Central Parking Zone (CPZ). Check if you're eligible for a CPZ permit and apply.
Existing paper permits
If you have paper residents' parking permits you should continue to display the permits in your vehicle. When they expire you can apply for digital permits.
See how to:
- replace your paper permit if it has been damaged, lost or stolen
- tell us about a change such as new address, change of vehicle or you want to cancel your permit
We'll give you a refund of unused time on your permit then you'll need to apply for a digital permit if you need one.