Our website will be unavailable from midday to 3pm on Wednesday 24 July. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Get a digital permit online so that you can park in your residents' parking area.

Get residents' parking permits

Our residents' parking permits are digital. You can apply for and manage your permits online. You don't need to display anything in your vehicle and your permit will be active straight after your application has been approved and paid for.

You cannot get residents' parking permits for most new homes built since:

  • 13 October 2005 in the Central Parking Zone
  • 1 August 2018 in residents' parking scheme (RPS) areas

These developments are know as car free or low car developments.

Go to Restrictions on parking permits for car free or low car developments to check if you:

  • live in a car free or low car development
  • can apply for a parking permit 

Apply for residents' parking permits

If you have a MiPermit Go to https://secure.mipermit.com/bristol/Application/ModuleLander.aspx (opens new window) account, sign in to your account to apply online.

If you haven't got a MiPermit Go to https://secure.mipermit.com/bristol/Application/ModuleLander.aspx (opens new window) account, to register and apply online you'll need:

  • to live in a residents' parking area
  • an email address to register
  • your postcode and house number
  • a debit or credit card to pay if you need to pay for your permit
  • vehicle registration certificate V5C (log book) for each vehicle
  • your council tax account number which is on your council tax bill:

Get digital residents' parking permits

Help with using MiPermit Go to https://secure.mipermit.com/bristol/Application/HowItWorks.aspx?P=RESIDENT (opens new window)

If you have problems registering or applying for permits call 0345 520 7007.

We may contact you to check any information you give us as part of your parking permit application.

Central Parking Zone

There is a limited number of residents' parking permits available for the Central Parking Zone (CPZ).  Check if you're eligible for a CPZ permit and apply.

Existing paper permits

Central Parking Zone permits are currently issued as paper permits. You should continue to display the permit in the vehicle listed on the permit

See how to: