Planning application fees
What you’ll need to pay and how to pay.
Planning fees are set nationally. Use the fee calculator on the Planning Portal website to find out what you’ll pay, or look at the full list of fees on the Planning Portal website (PDF).
How to pay
If you send us your application through the Planning Portal, you can pay there.
If you don’t pay at the Planning Portal, you can pay online through our website.
Other ways to pay
- cheque made payable to Bristol City Council
- telephone us on 0117 922 3000 (you’ll need to know the amount)
You can telephone us:
- 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday
- 8.30am to 4pm, Friday
You don’t need to pay a fee if your application is for:
- listed building consent
- demolition in a conservation area
- works to trees covered by a Tree Preservation Order
- works to trees in a conservation area
Use the fee calculator on the Planning Portal website or look at the full list of fees on the Planning Portal website (PDF) to find out about other exemptions.
PO Box 3176
Bristol, BS3 9FS
Appointments are at:
Tel: 0117 922 3000