What's covered, policy information, how to make a claim and how to contact us if your information changes.
We have an obligation to provide building insurance for our leasehold properties bought under the right to buy scheme.
This policy covers against loss or damages caused by things like:
See the policy booklet or insurance schedule below for more information of what is covered.
This policy is arranged through Zurich Municipal and is recharged to you as part of the annual service charge.
The premium charged is based on the sum insured and includes Insurance Premium Tax.
The sum insured is calculated based on the rebuild costs of the property.
If you make any improvements which might affect the value of your property, contact us so we can make sure it's covered in the insurance.
Make a claim
To make a claim, phone Zurich Municipal on 0800 923 4200.
If you have a non-urgent incident:
- call between 8.30am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays)
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- use the Zurich online contact form
Changes to your information
If any information supplied in connection with this policy changes, let us know by emailing email@example.com or by calling 0117 922 3212.
If you do not inform us of any changes in connection with this policy it may result in your insurance cover no longer being valid.
For example, let us know of the following changes in circumstances:
- Changes in your rebuild sum insured.
- If your property is let, part let or sub-let.
- If your property is used for any business purposes (other than clerical).
- If your property is unoccupied for more than 30 days.
- Change in forwarding addresses for correspondence (also inform the Right to Buy and Leasehold Services Team via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0117 922 2000 Option 4).
We do not currently provide home contents insurance for leaseholders. We recommend that leaseholders get their own contents insurance cover.
Email email@example.com or call 0117 922 3212, if you:
- want to request your personal home insurance schedule, including the sums insured and premium for your property
- need a physical copy of any of the documents
- have any other queries