As an unpaid carer, you could claim some benefits, allowances or tax reductions.

Carer's Allowance

You can claim a Carer's Allowance or the person you care for may be able to claim benefits as well.

People aged over 65 may also be able to get extra money for being a carer. 

Find out if you qualify for Carer's benefits.

You may also be entitled to housing benefit or reductions on council tax. See benefits and financial help.

Carer's Credit

You can apply for Carer's Credit if you're caring for someone for at least 20 hours a week. Find out about and apply for Carer's Credit at