Apply for a new reception primary place
Apply for a new reception primary place
Apply for a new reception primary school place.
If your child was born between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018 you need to apply for a new reception school place to your home local authority. You need to apply by 15 January 2022.
Apply online from 12 September 2021 for September 2022 admissions.
You'll need to register for an account on our Parent Portal admissions system.
Before you apply:
- check your local authority area
- if you live in Bristol and pay your council tax to Bristol City Council apply to us for a Bristol school reception place
- if you live in Bristol and pay your council tax to Bristol City Council and you want to apply to a school in another local authority area you also need to apply to us
- if your child has an Education, Health and Care Plan don't apply to School Admissions, see Apply for a key stage transfer school place for a child with an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan on our Local Offer site or email the Special Educational Needs Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for how to apply
- check application timetable
- read information about Bristol schools
- you must use your child’s legal name on the application
For other year groups school place applications make an In year application
Applications from outside the UK
If you're applying for a school place outside the UK and have problems applying online then fill in and return the primary application form (pdf, 2.1MB) (opens new window) . You can either post it, or scan and email it to email@example.com.
Other ways to apply
Fill in and return primary application form (pdf, 2.1MB) (opens new window) .
Apply by 15 January 2022.
Offers of school places for on time applications will be sent on 19 April 2022.
Applications after 15 January 2022 will be processed after the initial round of allocations is complete on 19 April 2022.
The final date and time for making changes to an existing application for the first round of allocations is midnight on 21 January 2022. See change your reception place allocation.
You can express a preference for up to three schools in your order of preference from one to three. All your preferences are considered equally against the schools admission criteria regardless of whether you have put them as preference one, two or three.
If your child qualifies for a place at more than one of your three preferred schools your highest ranked preference school will be offered to you and lower ranked preferences withdrawn.
Supplementary information forms
You may need to complete a supplementary information form as well as the common application form for these schools:
- Badock’s Wood E-ACT Academy
- Greenfield E-ACT Academy
- Hareclive E-ACT Academy
- Perry Court E-ACT Academy
- St Ursula’s E-ACT Academy
Fill in the supplementary information form and return it directly to the school by the stated date.
Exceptional medical and social needs
Exceptional and Compelling Medical, Psychological, Social or Special Access Reasons as defined in the supplementary information form criterion which can only be met at the Academy. You must fill in a supplementary information form, supply evidence and send it within the timescales for the point of entry required.
Early Years Pupil Premium, the Pupil Premium or the Service Pupil Premium
Children who at the time of the application are eligible for the Early Years Pupil Premium, the Pupil Premium or the Service Pupil Premium as defined in the admissions policy. You must fill in a supplementary information form under this criterion and send it within the timescales for the point of entry required.
Children of staff
Children whose parent or carer as defined in the admissions policy is a member of staff who has either been continuously employed at the Trust for two or more years at the time of application for a place or has been recruited to fill a vacancy for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage or has been re-located to the area at the request of the Trust. You must fill in a supplementary information form for an application under this criterion and send it within the timescales for the point of entry required.
- Cathedral Primary School
- Cheddar Grove Primary School: where that member of staff has been employed for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the Academy is made and/or where the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- Christ Church CE Primary
- Fairlawn Academy
- Wansdyke Primary School: where that member of staff has been employed for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the Academy is made and/or where the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- Victoria Park Primary School: fill in this form for your child to be considered under the staff criterion for a place at Victoria Park Primary School. Your application will be verified with the Human Resources team at Cathedral Schools Trust.
Confirmation of faith for Catholic primary schools
For someone to be treated as Catholic for school admissions purposes, the school will need written evidence of Catholic baptism or reception into the Church. Find further information in the schools’ admissions policies. All documents such as Catholic baptism certificates or written evidence of reception into the Church must be sent directly to the school.
- Our Lady of the Rosary Catholic Primary School
- SS Peter and Paul Catholic Primary School
- St Nicholas of Tolentine Catholic Primary School
Parents or carers applying under these criteria must complete the supplementary form as well as the common application form and return it directly to the school before the closing date.
Your school offer and acceptance
Bristol City Council (City Hall)
PO Box 3399
Bristol, BS1 9NE
Telephones: 9am - 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am - 4.30pm Friday.
Closed Wednesday until 12noon for staff training.
Tel: 0117 903 7694