Bulky household item collection
You can donate large items like furniture to be reused by organisations, and we can also collect large items from your home.
Organisations that collect bulky items
There are organisations that will collect some large items for free if they can be reused:
Book a bulky waste collection with us
- one to three items: £25
- four to six items: £50
We’ll collect items between 7am and 5pm. You should:
- make sure items are visible and accessible from the road
- put items outside your property by 7am
- tape an X over glass surfaces
- bundle pieces together if you take items apart
- protect items such as fabric sofas and mattresses in case of rain
We’ll only collect items that can be safely carried by two people and we’ll only carry items up or down a maximum of two steps.
- fridges and freezers
- washing machines
- electrical items
We don’t collect:
- business waste (including furniture owned by the landlord of a rented property)
- school and charities waste
- paint and other liquids
- anything over six feet in length
- anything that can’t be carried by two people
- car parts and tyres
- building waste
- heavily soiled items
- garden waste
How to pay:
- with a credit or debit card
- at a Citizen Service Point (CSP), use the phones to book your collection and get a reference number to use to pay in cash at a PayPoint in the CSP.
Cancelling or changing your collection
You can cancel your bulky waste collection online. You'll need the reference number we gave to you when you requested the collection.
To change the date or the items call us on 0117 922 2100 by 2.30pm on the working day before your collection.
We can only change the date of the collection, and not the collection day. If your address collection day is a Monday it will always be a Monday.
Refunds will only be given if your bulky waste collection is cancelled five working days in advance.
If the items aren't collected by the end of the day, leave out and report the following working day.
Contact us on 0117 922 2100 within five working days if your items weren’t collected. We can book you in for the next available collection.
We only collect items that are on your booking.
What we do with the waste
We donate fridges, electric cookers and washing machines for reuse if they work. We’ll ask you if your items work when you book your collection.
We’ll recycle anything that we can’t donate. If items can’t be recycled or donated, they’ll go to landfill.