Missed bin or recycling collection
On the day of the collection wait until after 5pm to report a missed collection. You need to report the missed collection before the end of the next working day.
Waste collection delays
Starting 11 July, refuse and recycling collections will start one hour earlier at 6am.
This will continue until the hot weather subsides.
Please ensure bins and boxes are out at the kerb by that time to ensure collection.
For more information see the Bristol Waste collections update.
When we’ll collect
If you make your report:
- before 12 noon the following day, we’ll collect on that working day
- after 12 noon the following day, we’ll collect the next working day
Why we can’t collect some waste
We won’t collect:
- extra waste next to your black wheelie bin
- extra waste stopping your black wheelie bin lid from closing
- extra waste left by the side of your black wheelie bin (we’ll empty your black wheelie bin and put any extra waste back in it)
We do collect extra recycling if items are separated into untied carrier bags.
Put bins and recycling out on the edge of your property by 7am. Make sure they’re clearly visible from the road.
If you didn’t put your waste or recycling out
If you forgot or weren’t able to put your recycling or waste out on collection day, put it out on the next collection day. You can also take your waste and recycling to one of our household waste recyling centres.