How your early years setting can apply for a Bristol Eating Better Award, what information you need before you apply, what happens next, how long the award is for.
The Bristol Eating Better Award has been adapted for early years settings such as nurseries, children's centres, and other early years provision. It incorporates many of the Voluntary Food and Drink Guidelines for early years settings in England.
We'd like all early years settings and caterers to achieve the Bristol Eating Better Early Years Award (Gold) to help more children in Bristol have access to healthy and sustainable food.
Before you apply
You'll need to:
- know about the working practices of your kitchen like what ingredients and cooking methods you use, after each question we'll ask you to tell us about how you do the action
- have permission from the owner of the business to make any agreed changes
- know an estimate of how many people you serve in a day
How to apply
Use our online form to apply:
You can use our pdf printable criteria (386 KB) to help you plan your application but you must apply online.
See the pdf Bristol Eating Better Early Years Award Core Action Checklist (105 KB) to check if you're doing all the core actions applicable to your setting and if you're eligible for an award.
If you provide your sevices at more than one early years setting, apply using the spreadsheet early years multiple settings form (30 KB) . Email your form to email@example.com
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need:
- a copy of your previous application
- any support with your application
We look forward to hearing about the actions you take.
What happens next
After you submit your application we'll email you within 2 weeks with a decision.
If you're successful, we'll send you an award pack with:
- a window sticker for your reception area
- a Bristol Eating Better Award logo to use on your website or elsewhere
- a PDF of your certificate
- a letter setting out the terms and conditions of the award
We'll also promote your business on our social media channels
How long the award is for
The award lasts for two years. You'll need to reapply for it when it runs out.
You can email us at email@example.com for a copy of your previous application if you need it.