Our vision, mission and goals for Bristol's parks.
Bristol is a city where everyone benefits from excellent quality parks and green spaces.
We'll work with Bristol's citizens to nurture parks and green spaces that are:
- excellent quality
- welcoming and enjoyable
- Every part of the city has a range of parks and green spaces that meets everyone's needs.
- Everyone has access to an excellent quality park or green space within 10 minutes' walk of their home.
- Our parks and green spaces are safe, clean, well maintained and welcoming to all.
- Our parks and green spaces are part of the solution to the climate and ecological emergencies.
- Our parks support people’s health and wellbeing.
- Our parks service is financially secure and sustainable.
We commit to:
- listen and respond to Bristol citizens
- maximise opportunities to work with partners and other stakeholders locally and nationally
- support and expand opportunities for volunteering
- continue to provide free entry to our parks
- work together with key partners nationally to position our parks as a significant health solution
- prioritise addressing disadvantage in the city
- protect green spaces from development
- deliver clear strategies which highlight our minimum standards as well as our investment plans and how we intend to deliver them
- use Green Flag Award Go to https://www.greenflagaward.org/ (opens new window) standards as a measure of quality
- make sure parks and green spaces are managed and improved to help achieve targets and ambitions in the One City Plan and the Climate and Ecological Emergency Action Plans
- use our parks and green spaces wisely, generating a social and or financial return
- seek to generate income from our parks that we'll use directly to enhance parks' maintenance and fund improvements
- promote use of green spaces for people’s health and wellbeing