What to do if you no longer want to sell alcohol or provide entertainment at a property.
If you no longer want a licence for your premises, you can give up (surrender) the licence by sending it back to us at:
Licensing Team (100T)
Bristol City Council
PO Box 3399
We recommend sending it by registered post to make sure it doesn't get lost.
You should tell us the date you want to give up your licence. If you don't tell us a date, we'll cancel the licence as soon as we receive it.
It's a criminal offence to sell alcohol or provide entertainment at the property after:
- the date you tell us you want to give up your licence
- you send the licence to us, if you haven't told us you want to give up your licence on a specific date
If you can't send the licence to us
You'll need to write to us to tell us:
- your name
- the name and address of the property the premises licence is for
- why you can't send the licence to us
- the date you want to give up your licence
After you give up your premises licence
- write to you by post to confirm your licence is cancelled
- tell the police you no longer have a premise licence
Annual licence fee when you give up your licence
You won't need to pay the annual licence fee payments if you give up the licence before the date the fee is due.
You'll still need to pay the annual licence fee if you give up the licence after the date the fee is due.
You won't get a refund if you give up your licence partway through the year.