Pay annual premises licence fee
How and when to pay your annual premises licence fee
Pay your fee once a year by the anniversary date of when your premises licence was granted. You can find the anniversary date on the decision notice that will be sent with your premises licence.
You’ll get an invoice from us before payment is due.
How to pay
Select Bristol City Council invoices
- a debit or credit card
- your invoice number
Other ways to pay
You can also pay:
- by phone: use the 24 hour automated payment line 0870 707 7776. The call will cost you 2p per minute plus any charges from your phone company
- by post: send a cheque made payable to Bristol City Council; write your invoice number, name and address on the back of the cheque and send to Payment Processing (100TS), P O Box 3176, BS3 9FS
- in person: you’ll need your invoice number at the Customer Service Point Scancoin machine, at 100 Temple Street, Bristol, BS1 6AG by cash, cheque or debit/credit card
- at the post office: you’ll need your bar coded invoice and payment; cheques should be made payable to Post Office Ltd
- at a Paypoint: you’ll need your bar coded invoice; payments can only be made in cash.
The amount you pay is based on the rateable value of the premises. Premises that don't have a rateable value are in Band A for premises licences purposes. The rateable value is set by the valuation office.
Check the rateable value of the premises on GOV.UK
There is a multiplier applied to premises in Bands D ( x 2 basic fee) and E ( x 3 basic fee) where they are exclusively or primarily in the business of supplying alcohol.
|Non-domestic rateable value band||Annual fee||Multiplier|
|A £0 - £4,300||£70||0|
|B £4,301 - £33,000||£180||0|
|C £33,001 - £87,000||£295||0|
|D £87,001 - £125,000||£320||£640|
|E £125,001 and over||£350||£1050|
What happens if the fee isn’t paid on time
If you don’t pay your annual fee on time we’ll suspend your premises licence. This means you’ll no longer be able to lawfully carry out licensable activities at the premises until you pay the fee and we lift the suspension.