Spike Island residents' parking scheme

Maps, permit costs, and information on the Spike Island residents' parking scheme (RPS).

Preferred operating hours consultation

Due to an error, pre-paid envelopes weren't included in the consultation letters sent to Spike Island residents.

You can have your say using the online survey.

Alternatively, you can post your comments to our freepost address:

Freepost RTXY-UXLG-UCYB, RPS Team (100TS), Bristol City Council, PO Box 3176, Bristol, BS3 9FS

This scheme started on Monday 4 January 2016.

Map of Spike Island RPS area

See a detailed map of the Spike Island residents' parking scheme. (pdf, 1.3MB) (opens new window)

Get residents' and visitors' permits

Get residents' permits online

Get visitors' permits online

Permit costs

First residents' permit cost depends on the vehicle emissions tax band: free, £24, £48 or £72 for a year (see table below).

Second permit costs £96 for a year.

Third permit costs £192 for a year.

There is an option to pay for your residents’ permit every three months in quarterly instalments.

Vehicle co2 emissions tax band First permit cost per year
Band (up to 100) Free
Band (101 to 110) £24
Band C to (111 to 225) £48
Band L to (226 to 255+) £72
No band or registered before 1 March 2001 £48

Days and times

This scheme operates from Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.

You don't need a permit to park on bank holidays.

Pay and display

You can park for up to 30 minutes free of charge using a pay and display ticket or pay £1 an hour to park for up to three hours.

The pay and display operates from Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm.

You don't need a ticket on bank holidays.

Visitors' permits

Each household can get up to 100 visitors’ permits each year.

The first 50 permits are free. The next 50 cost £1 each.

You don't need to own a car to get visitors' permits.

Apply for visitors' permits.

If you're getting short-term or long-term care in your own home you might be able to get a free Essential Visitors' Permit (EVP).

Businesses and other organisations

There are different types of permit you might be able to get in this scheme: