What to do if you have a noise problem near your home or at work, which you can’t sort out yourself.
Before you report a noise problem, try to talk to the person responsible. They may not realise they’re causing a problem. The Bristol Mediation Service could help you do this. Their services are free, confidential and impartial.
If this doesn't sort out the problem or you can't talk to the person, we might be able to help.
We can investigate noise from:
- noisy neighbours, like loud music, shouting or DIY at night
- burglar and car alarms
- animals, like barking dogs or crowing cockerels
- building sites
- noisy equipment in a commercial property
- pubs and clubs
- deliveries or waste collections at a commercial property
We can't investigate:
- if you don't know where the noise is coming from
- everyday household noise, such as footsteps, doors closing, vacuum cleaners, washing machines, children playing, babies crying or talking
- traffic, aircraft or railway noise
- noise from outdoor sports
- noise in the street, such as vehicles left running, car stereos, shouting or car horns
Noise at work
If you have a noise issue at work, talk to your employer, they may be able to help you. If this doesn’t help, contact our health and safety team on 0117 922 2500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can contact us to apply for permission to use a loudspeaker in the street between 9pm and 8am, except for advertising or electioneering.
Neighbourhood Enforcement (100TS)
PO Box 3176
Bristol, BS3 9FS
Our normal opening hours are:
- Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 5pm
- Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm
Tel: 0117 922 2500, option 3