Busking is welcomed in Bristol but occasionally some performances can be intrusive and disruptive to those who live, work and busk in the city.

If a busker is being abusive, or if they're blocking the pavement or road, you can call the Police on 101.

If you want to complain about a busker or performer making too much noise you can use our noise complaints form.

Other busking issues 

We have a set of busking guidelines that buskers and performers should follow.

If a busker isn't following the guidelines then, during a gap in their performance, politely ask them to change their performance to be in line with the guidelines. 

If this doesn't resolve the issue call 0117 922 2500 option 3. 

Where possible, we'll come to assess the performance. If we feel that the guidelines haven't been broken, no action will be taken.

If the performance is affecting the quality of life for people in the area, a verbal warning will be given to the performer.

A verbal warning can be followed by a written warning, a Community Protection Notice or even a formal notice under the Antisocial Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014.