Our pest control service, what pests we treat, how much our services cost and what you can do to deal with pests yourself.
Council pest control services
We provide a pest control service for residents of domestic and commercial properties in Bristol.
- an affordable high quality service
- speedy response and eradication of pests
- excellent standards of customer service
- fully qualified and experienced pest control officers, RSPH/BPCA certification
- local knowledge and experience
- concessions for those on certain benefits
Pests we treat
- bed bugs
You can find pest control companies that deal with other pests on the British Pest Control Association website.
Costs and timings
New prices from 1 October 2019:
- rats: £90 for 3 visits
- mice: £90 for 3 visits
- wasps: £90 per treatment
- cockroaches: £140 for 3 visits
- fleas: £110 per hour (minimum 1 hour)
- bed bugs: £180 per hour (minimum 1 hour)
A £35 survey cost may apply to larger properties.
There may be an extra cost if a job needs more than one member of staff, for example when a wasps nest can only be reached by ladder. We'll talk to you about this before we carry out the treatment.
Bristol City Council tenants who live in a flat may not have to pay for treatment for rats, mice, cockroaches and bed bugs. We'll tell you if you don't have to pay when you book an appointment.
Reductions for people on benefits
If you pay reduced council tax through the Council Tax Reduction scheme you'll pay half price for treatment for:
You must show proof that you get pay reduced council tax to our pest control officer before the treatment is carried out.
Book an appointment
It might take up to two weeks to get an appointment, depending on your location and how busy we are.
- Call 0117 922 2500 to book an appointment. Please only call this number if you want to make a booking. Monday to Friday 8:30am to 6pm, and on Wednesdays no calls between 12noon to 1:30pm due to staff training.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your telephone number so we can call you back.
You must make sure we can access your property at the time of your appointment. We'll charge you £35 if we can't access your property on two appointments in a row.
How to deal with pests yourself
There are things you can do to control pests in your property. For more advice on what you can and can't do read the guidance on GOV.UK .
Find out more about controlling: