If your income is too high for Council Tax Reduction you can claim second adult rebate

Second adult rebate is a type of council tax reduction that means the amount of council tax you have to pay is reduced by a certain amount, if you qualify.

You must be responsible for the Council Tax and share your home with one or more adults (non-dependants) who:

  • are over 18 and not paying you rent
  • is not your partner
  • are not responsible for paying the Council Tax
  • receive certain benefits, like Jobseeker's Allowance or Income Support, or are on a low income

How to claim

Complete the online Make a new claim form.

Claim second adult rebate