Find out how to join the library online.
You can join the library online.
Join the library online
You need to be 16 or over to join online.
You'll get a temporary membership number and PIN.
Your temporary membership number and PIN will allow you to access most of our free eBooks, audiobooks and e-magazines. Temporary membership lasts for 3 months.
To get a library card and permanent membership, visit any Bristol library with proof of ID and address (see below).
Proof of address
You'll need proof of address to pick up your card from the library. We accept:
- driving licence
- gas, telephone, or electricity bill, within last 3 months
- bank statement or credit card statement, within last 3 months
- addressed envelope received at home, within last 3 months
- recent wage slip showing address
- tenancy agreement
If you're joining as a visitor, you can also use one of these items as proof of address:
- bank card
- photo ID
- library card from any library
We don't accept:
- NUS cards
- bus, rail, or coach passes
- business cards or workplace ID
If you have no fixed address, you don't need any proof of address.
Your library card
You can also use your membership card online at LibrariesWest.
You can see our library terms and conditions below.
Library terms and conditions
By joining Bristol Libraries, you're agreeing to the following: