Find special educational settings for children or young people with sensory impairment in Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset, Gloucestershire, North Somerset.
Most children and young people (CYP) with sensory impairment (SI) attend their local mainstream educational setting.
Some children attend their local specials schools or specialist provision for SI. CYP attending specialist provision do require an EHCP.
Specialist settings for deaf and hearing impaired pupils
There is currently one special school for the deaf, five primary and two secondary resource bases across the 4 local authorities.
- New Oak Deaf Learning Base at Oasis Academy New Oak in Hengrove, for children aged from 4 to 11 years
- Henbury Court Resource Base in Henbury, for children aged from 3 to 11 years
- Fairfield High School in Horfield, for children aged from 11 to 16 years
- Elmfield School for Deaf Children in both in Westbury on Trym (from 3 to 11 years) and in Horfield (from 11 to 16 years)
- WASPS HIRB based in Westone and All Saints Primary School based in Weston, Bath, for children aged from 4 to 1
- Woodlands Resource Base based at Woodlands Primry and Nursery School, Yate for children aged 3 to 11 years
- Yate Resource Base at Yate Academy, for children aged from 11 to 16 years
- Mendip Green Resource Base based at Mendip Green School in Worle, for children aged from 4 to 11 years
Specialist settings for pupils with vision impairment
- Emersons Green Primary School: resource base provision in South Glos for pupils with vision or physical impairment with ages from 4 to 11 years
- Fairfield High School: resource base in Bristol for pupils with vision impairment from Bristol and neighbouring LAs from the ages of 11 to 16 years.
Click on the images below to be directed to your unitary authority local offer, where you can see what might be on in your local area.