Adults and older people

Site Map

Care and support for adults in Bristol

Introduction to social care in Bristol. What to do and where to go to find information and support you may need.

Support to live independently

Information about support after leaving hospital, home adaptations, assistive tech, personal alarm, occupational therapy, hot meals, getting out and about.

Housing options for older and vulnerable people

Information about retirement houses to rent and buy, Extra Care Housing, Supported Housing and Care Homes for people with care and support needs.

COVID-19: guidance for adult care service users

The changes we’ve made to our adult care services because Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Be part of your community

Information on keeping independent and accessing day centers, befriending and volunteering, activities and groups local to you.

Someone to speak for you: advocacy

You could ask someone to help with making decisions and talk to us for you.

Money and legal matters for social care

How to access financial support, what you might be eligible for and how we work this out.

Report suspected abuse

How to tell us if you're being abused, or think someone else is.


We may be able to help if you, or the person you care for, has a disability making it hard to live independently.


What to do if you're concerned about your own or someone else’s memory.

Mental health services

Information on how to get in touch with mental health services and links to support groups in Bristol.

Adult Care referral form

If you or someone you know has care and support needs, you can make a referral to us here.

For care professionals

For professionals working with adults who may have care and support needs.

Comment, compliment or complain

Here you can provide feedback on Bristol City Council’s adult care services.