Make a building regulations application and book a site inspection.

Check if you need building regulations approval

Find out if you need approval before you construct or change buildings.

Make a building regulations application

There are different types of building regulation applications you can make and you need to decide on the type of application for your planned build, extension or alteration work.

Pay building regulation fees and invoices

How to pay your building regulation fee or inspection fee invoice.

Book a building regulations site inspection

To make sure your building works comply with building regulations, you must give us notice when your work reaches a particular stage, we'll then carry out an inspection.

Demolition of buildings

If you plan to demolish a building or part of a building, you must let us know, giving us at least six weeks' notice.

Guidance and approved documents

Guidance on meeting building regulation requirements including approved documents.

Contact information

Building Regulation and Standards

Bristol City Council
City Hall
PO Box 3399
Bristol BS1 9NE

Opening Hours

You'll need to make an appointment to visit us in person. Call us to book an appointment.

Appointments are at:
City Hall
College Green

Tel: 0117 922 3000