Handyperson Service: elderly and disabled tenants
Find out how to get free help with small jobs around the house if you’re disabled or elderly
If you’re elderly or disabled then you can use the Handyperson Service to get free help with a number of jobs like:
- clearing and unblocking gutters
- fixing a toilet that won’t flush
- fitting grab rails and hand rails inside and outside your home
- fitting shelves and assembling flat-pack furniture
- mending dripping taps
- improving your security, repairing locks, or helping you get back in to your home if you lose your keys
- repairing or replacing curtain rails and blinds
- replacing internal light bulbs
How to apply
The Handyperson Service is provided by West of England Care and Repair. Call 0117 954 2222, Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm and Friday, 9am to 4pm.
How it works
We subsidise the cost of work done using the Handyperson Service which means that smaller jobs are usually free for you. If there is a charge then you’ll be told about it so you can decide whether to have the work done.
If they’re unable to carry out the repair they can give you a list of other trusted contractors in Bristol who you can call to get help.