Handyperson Service: elderly and disabled tenants
Find out how to get free help with small jobs around the house if you’re disabled or elderly
From 1 February 2022, we're no longer delivering our Handyperson Service.
This service previously provided disabled and elderly tenants with support in carrying out small jobs around the house for free or at a subsidised cost.
Repairs we can help with
If you're disabled or elderly, we're responsible for making sure your property meets health and safety standards. This means that there are some repairs that we can continue to offer you for free, like:
- replacing or repairing a doorbell, however, you must supply the doorbell
- easing of internal door
- repairing a fence or gate that's become dangerous
- replacing light bulbs for fixed ceiling lights only
- repairing taps
- installing a key safe
Report a repair
Find out how to report a repair.
Repairs we cannot help with
We're not able to carry out some repairs which were previously accessed under the Handypersons Service, like:
- installing curtain rails or blinds
- hanging mirrors, pictures or wall art
- installing and assembling bathroom furniture, such as towel rails and toilet roll holders
- installing TV wall bracket
- hanging shelves
- connecting a washing machine
If you need these services you can contact We Care Home Improvements on 0117 954 2222, Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm.
If you decide to use their services, you will be charged.
If they’re unable to carry out the repair, they can give you a list of other trusted contractors in Bristol who can help.