Report a repair
Report a problem with a council home.
Before you start
You should know that:
- some minor repairs are your responsibility. Check your repairs rights and responsibilities
- you need to pay for repairs caused by accidental damage, misuse or neglect. Find out more about chargeable repairs
- if you’re elderly or disabled then you can use the Handyperson Service to get free help with smaller repairs
If you smell gas you must not try to report it online. You should follow our advice on gas and electrical safety.
How to report a repair
The quickest way to report a repair is online.
If you’re reporting an emergency then you’ll need to call us.
8.30am to 6pm (office hours): 0117 922 2200
6pm to 8.30am (out of hours): 0117 922 2050
Textphone: 0117 922 3892
An emergency repair is any problem that could be a security risk or cause harm to you, another person or to your property.
All emergency repairs need to be reported by phone, using the contacts above.
Some examples of emergency repairs are ones that:
- pose a health and safety risk, like smashed glass, or an electrical hazard
- poses a security risk, like a problem with the main entrance to your property