Toys with hearing aids and cochlear implants, books about deafness or with a deaf character, for children and adults.
Toys with hearing aids and cochlear implants
A range of commercially made and bespoke toys wearing hearing aids and cochlear implants are available at ToyLikeMe.
Child friendly hearing aids for soft toys are available from Build A Bear.
Bespoke baby dolls with a range of hearing devices are available on the HearLikeMe Etsy shop.
Books about deafness
These books are about deafness or have deaf characters.
Books for children
- Freddie and the Fairy (3-5 years)
- Happy Birthday to My Ears (3-6years)
- Harmony Hears a Hoot (3-6 years)
- Gracie's Ears (3-6 years)
- Mellie and Her Cochlear Implant (3-6years)
- The Elephant in the Room (3-6 years)
- What the Jackdaw Saw (3-6 years)
- Dachy's Deaf (3-8 years)
- Elanas Ears (3-8 years)
- Liam the Superhearo (3-8 years)
- I'm the Boss of My Hearing Loss (4-8years)
- Jake and Jasmine to the rescue (4-8 years)
- ‘Boy' by Usborne (4-8 years)
- The Deaf Musicians (4-8 years)
- Rivers Walk (4-8years)
- I Have a Sister, My Sister is Deaf (4 to 8 years)
- A Button in Her Ear (4 to 8years)
- Dad and Me in the Morning (4 to 8 years)
- Daisy & Teds Awesome Adventure(4-7 years)
- Oliver Gets Hearing Aids (5-9years)
- Sophie's Tales (6 and up)
Books for adults
- I Can Hear You Whisper
- Magic Ear Kids
- 30 Million Words
- If a Tree Falls
- Dad, Jackie, and Me.
- My Ears Are Not Broken
- Deaf Side Story
- Sensing the Rhythm
- How Deaf Children Learn
- Raising a Deaf Child