Funding to help buy equipment to support your child’s vision.
Guide Dogs assistive technology grants
Guide Dogs can help fund assistive technology for your child.
You can apply for funds for technology or sensory items where there’s no source of statutory funding, including:
- tablets, for example iPads
- braille devices
- laptops and specialist software
- video magnifiers (CCTV)
VICTA visual aid support grants
Victa supports children and young adults who are blind or partially sighted by providing grants that support the purchase of equipment to aid their visual impairment.
VICTA grant guidelines
You can apply for a grant if your child is:
- registered or are register-able blind or partially sighted
- up to and including 29 years old
- a permanent resident in the UK
All items supplied through the VICTA grant scheme are for home use only, not for school or college.