Online course for education professionals working with pupils with vision impairment, by the Sensory Support Service Vision Support Team.
This is an opportunity for your school or educational setting to:
- develop understanding
- make sure your staff have the knowledge and skills needed to meet the needs of this low incidence group of students
This course provides online materials with activities that relate to and support practice in schools.
The modules will be marked by a Qualified Teacher of the Visually Impaired (QTVI). Feedback will be provided to support participants' professional development.
The first session of the course will run on 1 December 2022.
Who the course is for
This course is for any Teaching Assistant (TA) who is working with or has an interest in working with pupils with vision impairment.
The activities throughout the course relate directly to the TA's experience. Access to a pupil with vision impairment is essential to be able to fully participate in the course.
What the course covers
The online course consists of:
- 9 modules
- an additional optional module on Braille
- understanding vision impairment
- social and emotional development
- practical ways of accessing the curriculum
The materials are designed to actively involve the participant in their learning to:
- consider best practice
- relate it directly to their current work
How to register
To register, fill in the document Supporting children and students with a vision impairment application form (115 KB) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.