You can only fish in some areas of the harbour, parks and green spaces.
Where you can fish
You can’t fish on any pontoons or landing stages.
For further information, contact us on 0117 903 1484 or email@example.com
Parks and green spaces
- the lake at Eastville Park in the areas marked on the paths around the lakes
- the River Frome near Oldbury Court and Snuff Mills
You need a permit to fish in Eastville Park.
When you can fish
You can fish during daylight hours, dawn to dusk, during the open season. The closed season runs from 15 March to 15 June inclusive, when you can't fish.
Licences and permits
To fish anywhere you’ll need an Environment Agency rod licence. You must fish in line with the agency's regulations. Spot checks for licences are carried out and you’ll need to show your rod licence if asked.
This costs £6.
You’ll need to supply a passport standard photograph, proof of address and a current Environmental Agency rod licence.
Download our fishing permit application form (pdf, 64k) (opens new window) .
You can also get an application form at:
Veals, Broad Plain, Bristol, Avon BS2 0JP. Telephone 0117 926 0790
If you’re found fishing without a permit, you’ll be asked to leave and could lose your right to enter the park.
- you may only fish from angling stations or designated areas
- no fishing at night (between dusk and dawn) on any park lake
- no fishing during closed season, 15 March to 15 June inclusive
- you may only use two rods or poles per person
- no tents or bivouacs are allowed within the park and lake area, unless you have permission
- put all litter and fishing line in the rubbish bins in the park or take it home
- don’t use floating bait because any birds it attracts might get caught up in hooks and line