You can only fish in some areas of the harbour, parks and green spaces.
Where you can fish
You can’t fish on any pontoons or landing stages.
For further information, contact us on 0117 903 1484 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Parks and green spaces
You can fish with a line or net in any lake or river, in and next to all parks and green spaces, except St George Park.
You need a permit to fish with a rod and line in Eastville Park.
Licences and permits
You need a rod licence to fish anywhere for salmon, trout, freshwater fish, smelt or eel.
Eastville Park fishing permit
To fish with a rod and line in Eastville Park Lake you need to buy a permit. This costs £6. You'll need a passport standard photograph, proof of address and a rod licence.
You can also get an application form at:
Veals, Broad Plain, Bristol, Avon BS2 0JP. Telephone 0117 926 0790
If you’re found fishing without a permit, you’ll be asked to leave and could lose your right to enter the park.
When you can fish
You can fish during daylight hours, dawn to dusk, during the open season. The closed season runs from 15 March to 15 June inclusive, when you can't fish.
- you may only fish from angling stations or designated areas
- no fishing at night (between dusk and dawn) on any park lake
- no fishing during closed season, 15 March to 15 June inclusive
- you may only use two rods or poles per person
- no tents or bivouacs are allowed within the park and lake area, unless you have permission
- put all litter and fishing line in the rubbish bins in the park or take it home
- don’t use floating bait because any birds it attracts might get caught up in hooks and line