We provide a wide range of disability sports across the city.
We're working in partnership with local sport clubs to become more inclusive and develop disability sport at every leisure centre.
If you're disabled and want to do sports, we have five leisure centres that are accessible:
- Easton Leisure Centre
- Henbury Leisure Centre
- Hengrove Park Leisure Centre
- Horfield Leisure Centre
- Kingsdown Sports Centre
Many of our pools are accessible for disabled swimmers:
Bristol Indoor Bowls Club (BIBC) is fully accessible by all. Bowlers with a disability, including wheelchair users, are welcome to become members and compete with non-disabled bowlers in any session. Visit the BIBC website, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 963 3460 for more information.
Avon Riding Centre has lessons for children and adults with a wide range of disabilities. You can also take part in vaulting, dressage, endurance and show jumping. For more information, visit the Avon Riding Centre website.
Disabled sports activities and events
- Ability club, St Paul's Community Sports Academy
- Ability football sessions, email Bristol Rovers Ability
- Disability athletics, SGS College WISE campus
- Inclusive family swim sessions, Henbury Leisure Centre
- Tennis for people with learning difficulties, David Lloyd Health and Fitness Club Go to https://www.davidlloyd.co.uk/clubs/bristol-westbury/ (opens new window), Westbury-on-Trym
- Wide range of trikes and adapted cycles, Bristol Cycling Centre