Free swims for pregnant women
This is a fantastic opportunity to maintain your fitness and relax during your pregnancy at all council pools. The pass is available for the duration of your pregnancy.
How to apply
- You will need to take your proof of address (eg: bank statement, household bill) and maternity prescription exemption card with you to your local centre - this proves your eligibility for the scheme.
- You will also need a form of identification e.g. passport, driving licence.
- You will need to complete a short application form at the centre
- Have your picture taken - when you hand in your completed application a member of staff may take your photo on site to use for future recognition.
Free swims are available at the following pools:
- Bristol South Swimming Pool- 0117 903 1618
- Easton Leisure Centre - 0117 903 1628
- Henbury Leisure Centre - 0117 353 2555
- Horfield Leisure Centre - 0117 903 1643
- Hengrove Park Leisure Centre - 0117 304 8200
- Jubilee Swimming Pool - 0117 903 1607
Terms and conditions for free swimming for pregnant women
- Free swims do not extend to aqua fitness classes or lessons.
- You can receive free swims during family swim times, but must pay for any family members you bring with you.
- Photographs will only be used for identification purposes and will not be shared with any third parties.
Post natal exercise
A range of post natal activities are available at our sports and leisure centres to maintain and improve your fitness. Please visit the exercise classes at leisure centres page to see a list of all group exercise timetables.
If you have any questions regarding free swims for pregnant women please call your local centre.