Play Tennis in Bristol
There are lots of public courts across the city where you can play tennis.
Don’t go to a tennis court if you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Clubs welcome players of all ages and abilities. They offer coaching for all the family and 8 week taster memberships in a fun and friendly environment.
Tennis courts where you don't need to book
These Bristol Parks tennis courts are free of charge and you do not need to book:
You can play:
- singles with someone from another household
- doubles with people from your own household
- keep 2 metres apart from players from other households
- let other players leave the court before you go in, and wait away from the gates
- only touch your own racket and tennis balls
- change ends at opposite sides of the net
- take hand sanitiser and use it regularly
Tennis courts you can book
These Bristol parks have tennis courts that you can book online:
Visit Bristol Parks Tennis to:
- book a court, or call 0117 328 6266
- read guidance on how to use the tennis courts safely
Costs are £5 per session or £35 for yearly membership.
Other bookable tennis courts
- Victoria Park: 2 courts, to book email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coombe Dingle Sports Complex: 4 indoor courts and 10 outdoor courts: call 0117 962 6718
- City Academy: 2 courts and 2 mini tennis courts: call 0117 954 2811
Bristol Tennis League
If you would like to get back into tennis or meet new people to play, find friendly, competitive tennis matches in mixed-sex, singles leagues for adults (over 18s).
Entry is £18.
For more information on British Tennis and national tennis news visit British Tennis.