Report a breach of planning rules
Make a complaint about work done without permission.
We investigate complaints about work that may have been carried out without permission. We can stop or prevent works that:
- are harmful to neighbours
- don’t follow our planning policy
We can serve a planning enforcement notice if development is:
- carried out without planning permission
- not in line with planning permission
You can use our online form to tell us about a possible breach of planning rules.
Other ways to make a report
You can write to us at Planning Enforcement, City Hall, Bristol City Council, PO Box 3176, Bristol, BS3 9FS.
You must tell us:
- when the activity started
- the address of the land or building
- the approximate dimensions of any building works
- names, addresses and telephone numbers of any owners, occupiers or builders involved
- details of any problems caused, such as noise, traffic or smells
If you think a building or land is being used in a way that is not allowed, you must tell us how often it is used and when it is being used.
Our approach to planning enforcement
You can read our Local Enforcement Plan (pdf, 269k) (opens new window) .