Information about the public examination of our Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) charging schedule and the evidence for our proposal.
We made a pdf CIL Draft Charging Schedule (1.29 MB) that set out the:
- reasons we wanted to introduce CIL
- CIL rates for Bristol
This had to be examined by an independent person before we could formally approve it.
Mr Nigel Payne BSc (Hons), Dip TP, MRTPI, MCMI, carried out the examination. Mr Payne is a planning inspector from the Planning Inspectorate.
The examination hearings were on 20 and 21 June 2012.
We appointed Robert Young as Programme Officer. He is an impartial officer under the examiner's direction and not an employee of the council.
We received the pdf examiner's report (82 KB) on 10 July 2012. The report recommended that we approve the CIL charging schedule.
Our pdf Examination Library (45 KB) is a list of documents that we referred to when preparing the Draft Charging Schedule.
We sent documents to the Planning Inspectorate to support our proposal to introduce CIL:
- Draft Charging Schedule: sets out our reasons for introducing CIL and our CIL rates
- pdf statement of representations procedure (472 KB) : sets out the process for making a representation on the Draft Charging Schedule
- pdf statement of representations received (87 KB) : sets out the number of representations we received and summarises the issues raised
- copies of representations we received: pdf representation from Savills (1.94 MB) and pdf all other representations (6.08 MB)
- development plan: Policy BCS11 of our pdf Core Strategy (5.49 MB) makes it clear that we intend to introduce a CIL
- pdf infrastructure delivery programme (603 KB) : sets out the infrastructure we need to support growth in Bristol
- pdf funding gap analysis (73 KB) : has more detail about the schemes in the infrastructure schedule and notes a gap between costs of these schemes and available funding
- pdf CIL viability study (1.74 MB) : carried out by independent consultants BNP Paribas Real Estate
- Cabinet report about CIL: seeking approval to publish and consult on the Draft Charging Schedule
- pdf draft Regulation 123 list (219 KB) : lists infrastructure that we would be likely to spend CIL on
- pdf Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule (434 KB)
- pdf comments on Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule (212 KB) : comments and our responses
- pdf draft revision to our planning obligations (169 KB)
- our pdf responses to representations (151 KB) to the Draft Charging Schedule
- a pdf paper setting out how we complied with legislation and regulations (96 KB)
- pdf position statement from GVA about rates for student accommodation (52 KB)
- pdf our response to the GVA statement and examiner's questions about student accommodation and hotel rates (60 KB)
- pdf position statement from Savills about rates for residential properties (164 KB)
- pdf our response to the Savills statement and examiner's questions about rates for residential properties (120 KB)