The community support services available for people in Bristol to meet social care needs.
Community Support Services (CSS):
- help you be as independent as possible
- improve wellbeing
- aim to reduce the need for more care later
Community Support Services include:
- Supported living: support provided in someone's home to enable and maintain independent living where the tenancy and support are linked
- Support to access the community: support to live in the local community in order to maximise service user independence and wellbeing
- Day services: support provided in the local community, usually building based day support and could be delivered in settings such as colleges, workplaces, community centres or other community provision
- Time4U: a service that provides a short break or additional support for carers, such as befriending or additional advice, to enable the person cared for to remain in their own home.
CSS services are currently delivered by social care providers on our CSS Open Framework. This framework is closed to new provider submissions.
We're in the process of changing the way that we provide Community Support Services (CSS) under a new Single Adult Social Care Framework.