Bristol Careline is a telephone based service that gives you support and protection, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
You can enjoy your independence and live in your own home, knowing that help is available at the touch of a button.
Anyone in Bristol can use this service on a standard home phone line that's close to a power socket. If you don't have a home phone line, you can order a device from us that uses a mobile network.
You can use Bristol Careline even if you live outside Bristol.
A small home unit plugs into your telephone socket and the nearest available power socket. You wear a small connected device as a pendant necklace, on your wrist or clipped to your clothes.
If you don't have a landline, you can order a device from us that uses a mobile network.
The home unit has its own battery power, so you're still protected even if the electricity in your home goes off.
If you have a fall, feel unwell or need help, press your emergency button to call us at the control centre, any time, day or night.
We'll talk to you using the microphone and loudspeaker built into your home unit, wherever you are in your home. We'll know who you are and where you live, even if you can't speak.
Our trained team will then get you the best help for your situation.
- contact someone from your list of people with a key to your home, to check on you
- call the emergency services if you need immediate medical attention, and let your contacts know
Careline pendant options
To use Careline, you must have two people who agree to keep a set of keys to your home. We'd contact them to ask them to check on you if we felt that was necessary.
The keyholders should be:
- living in two different addresses
- able to get to your home within 15 to 20 minutes
They can be family members, friends, neighbours, or carers.
Bristol Careline costs £3.68 per week plus VAT*. You pay £47.84, four times a year.
*You may not have to pay VAT for health reasons.
This cost includes:
- hire of the alarm equipment, including the home unit and a smaller pendant
- 24 hour Careline telephone support
- equipment maintenance
There is also a set up cost of £15.
This cost includes:
- postage and packaging of the unit
- administration costs
We'll include this cost on your first invoice.
The Careline unit is quick and easy to set up yourself. We'll send you the equipment and instructions by post. You can then install and test the home unit yourself.
You can pay:
- by direct debit
- by cheque
- over the phone
- by BACS transfer
- in person
- at the post office
- at a pay point
When we get your order, we'll send you an invoice to let you know what you need to pay and when. The invoice will have details of the different ways to pay.
We'll also send you a reminder after 40 days, and a statement every quarter.
To order Careline, fill in our form. You'll need:
- the name, address, phone number and date of birth of the person who'll use the alarm, if you're ordering on someone else's behalf
- name, phone number and email address of their next of kin
- name, address and phone number of one or two keyholders
- medical details of the person who'll use the alarm, including their GP's name, address, and telephone number, and details of any medical conditions
What happens next
Once we have your completed form, we'll be in touch to:
- arrange payment
- tell you when you're likely to get your equipment
Once you set up Careline, you have a 21 day cooling off period, during which you can cancel the service with no charge.
After 21 days, you'll need to give us at least one month's notice to cancel your service and arrange return of your equipment.
To cancel your subscription:
- call us on 0117 922 3269
- email us at email@example.com
To contact the team:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- call 0117 922 3269