How to get help after you leave hospital so that you can return to living in your own home.
If you're an adult in hospital and think you need help to return home, ask the nurses to make a referral to the hospital social work team.
The hospital social work team will assess your needs and may set up support services for when you leave. We'll review any help you were receiving to see if it's still right for you.
The kind of help we can provide includes:
- intensive short term medical help at home
- short rehabilitation programmes
- short periods of residential care with added nursing support
- home adaptations to help you return home quickly
- technology enabled care to help you return home independently