Barton House evacuation: information for residents.

Licence needed to put building materials, including storage containers, on a highway.

This licence is called a builders deposit licence and is only given in exceptional circumstances. Where possible we expect you to store building materials off the highway on private property.

Apply for a builders deposit licence 

You must complete and return the pdf builders deposit licence application form (260 KB) .

You must apply for a licence at least 2 days before you want to put any building materials on the highway.


The licence costs are:

  • Licence or renewal: £70

The builders deposit licence can last up to a month. You can renew this before the license expires.

How to pay

You can pay online or by cheque.


Pay your licence

You'll need a credit or debit card.


Make your cheque payable to Bristol City Council and post it to:

Bristol City Council: ABS Finance Team 1
Highway Licences (CH 3C)
City Hall
PO Box 3399
Bristol BS1 9NE