Large green space in the city centre.
A number of facilities and other services in parks have been closed until further notice.
Find the latest changes to park services due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
Admission and opening times
There is no charge for admission. Castle Park is open at all times.
Castle Park, Broad Weir, Bristol, BS1 3XB.
There are steps in some areas of Castle Park.
Facilities and features
- remains of Bristol Castle’s keep, walls and vaults (Grade II listed)
- bandstand used for events and music sessions
- St Peter’s Church (Grade II* listed)
- physic garden for growing medicinal plants, maintained by St Mungo’s Broadway
- seven Silver Birch trees in memory of the seven beaches of the D-Day landings
Castle Park Tree Trail
See our new tree trail leaflet (pdf, 8.1MB) (opens new window) to help you explore and learn about Castle Park.
Parts of the park are scheduled ancient monuments.
There are a series of interpretation panels in Castle Park that trace the history of this area of the city and which explain the archaeological remains above and below ground.
Please see the Local Learning website for further information about the history and development of Castle Park.