A 650 acre Grade II* registered parkland including children's play area, museum and castle.
Admission and opening times
Blaise Castle Estate is always open. Access may be restricted on major event days. Admission is free.
To find out when the dairy garden and castle are open, see noticeboards at the estate.
Blaise Castle Estate, Kings Weston Road, Bristol, BS10 7QS
Getting to Blaise Estate
Blaise is on National Cycle Network Route 4 and there is plenty of cycle parking next to the café.
Bus numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 76, 623, MC5 all stop nearby to Blaise estate.
For more information and timetables please visit the TravelWest website.
By car: parking
There's a car parking fee at our main car park in Blaise Castle Estate.
This was introduced on Thursday 3 March 2022.
The cost for parking is:
- £1 for up to 1 hour
- £2 for up to 2 hours
- £3 for up to 5 hours
If you want to stay longer than 5 hours, you can pay for extra hours.
Charges apply between 9am and 6pm, Monday to Sunday, including bank holidays.
A number of waiting restrictions, including double and single yellow lines, were installed in October on sections of several surrounding roads. These were delivered ahead of charges coming in at the estate to protect nearby junctions, driveways, and bus routes from obstructive parking.
View maps of the waiting restrictions:
There are two car parks:
- main car park off Kings Weston Road at BS10 7QS
- small car park off The Dingle at BS9 2PA
The car parks are open every day from 7.30am.
Closing times vary throughout the year:
- 5.15pm in November, December and January
- 6.15pm in February
- 7.15pm in March
- 8.15pm in April
- 9.15pm in May, June, July and August
- 8.15pm in September
- 7.15pm in October
Car parks are closed on 25 December.
You can find an access guide on the AccessAble website.
- main car park: five disabled parking bays
- small car park: one disabled parking bay
Facilities and features
- Blaise Castle House Museum
- Blaise Castle Go to https://www.friendsofblaise.co.uk/ (opens new window)
- Blaise Plant Nursery
- Dairy and gardens
- Blaise Castle Estate cafe
- children's play area with areas for younger and older children
- toilets with baby changing facilities: Open Monday to Sunday 9am to 5pm. Closed 25 December,
- benches and picnic areas
- BBQs are allowed as long as you raise them off the ground
- woodland walks and lily ponds
- grassed space for play and sport
- horse riding, a two mile trail runs from Kings Weston Road car park to Kings Weston Down
- orienteering, the course is managed by Bristol Orienteering Klub
Model aircraft, including drones
The model aircraft must weigh 7kg or less, without its fuel. The person flying the aircraft must:
- be a member of the British Model Flying Association Go to https://bmfa.org/ (opens new window)
- register with the Civil Aviation Authority Go to https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/individual (opens new window) and get a Flyer ID
- have public liability insurance
There are footpaths in the estate. You can download maps of our walking routes:
1 miles (40 minutes)
Has views over the gorge. Woodland trails with some steep inclines that can be muddy.
1 miles (50 minutes)
Has views of the gorge and surrounding woodland. This walk uses surfaced and woodland paths. There are steep inclines.
Kings Weston Down walk
1 miles (35 minutes)
Includes woodland paths, grassland and the Iron Age hill fort.
3 miles (1 hour and 45 minutes)
Includes many of the estates natural features and historical buildings. This walk uses surfaced paths and woodland trails on mixture of terrains. Includes steep inclines.
The Royals and St Mary's Church walk
1 miles (50 minutes)
Includes The Royals and St Mary's Church Yard. This walk uses woodland trails, grass and surfaced paths. The main drive is suitable for buggies.
Awards and heritage
Site of special scientific interest: protected area of importance for conservation.
The Friends of Blaise is a community group that works in cooperation with the Council to maintain and improve the Estate. For more information and their activities or to join, e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer at Blaise
Join our experienced Rangers to help improve this amazing site for people and wildlife, get a blast of fresh air, learn about this historic estate, and do some exercise too.
Every Wednesday 10:30am to 12:30pm.
Every fourth Saturday: 11am to 1pm. 9 December, 13 January and 3 February.
Meet by the café.
Wear sturdy, waterproof footwear and weather-proof clothes. We provide tools and gardening gloves.
Activities will vary as the weather conditions or site-needs change but could include scrub bashing, meadow management, restoration of waterbodies, path maintenance, invasive weed control etc.