A historic landscape covering over 300 acres, with many historic buildings and garden features.
Admission and opening times
There is no admission charge for the grounds of the Estate. The grounds are open at all times. Kings Weston House is not open to the public, except for special events. Check the Kings Weston House website for more information.
Kings Weston Estate, Kings Weston Lane, Kingsweston, Bristol BS11 0UR
There is parking at Shirehampton Car Park off Shirehampton Road.
The Estate has uneven woodland paths that get muddy in wet weather, which means access for wheelchairs and pushchairs may be difficult.
Facilities and features
- Kings Weston House
- Kings Weston cafe in Kings Weston House
- The Brewhouse by Vanbrugh (c1715)
- The Echo loggia by Vanbrugh (c1715)
- Banqueting loggia by Vanbrugh (c1718)
- Penpole Dial, in Penpole Wood on Penpole Point
- Penpole Wood
- Penpole Lodge ruins in Penpole Wood
The nearest public toilets are at Ridingleaze Citizen Service Point.
The Kings Weston Action Group is a community group that supports the estate. For more information or to join visit the Kings Weston Action Group website.
Kings Weston Action Group holds events throughout the year. See what's on at the Kings Weston Action Group website.
Awards and heritage
- Regionally Important Geological and Geomorphological Site: an important place for geology and geomorphology
- site of nature conservation interest: protected area of importance for wildlife