Hilly park and popular picnic spot with nature reserve and views from Cabot Tower.
Admission and opening times
There is no charge for admission.
Brandon Hill is open at all times.
Brandon Hill Park, Park St, Bristol, Avon BS1 5RR
There is no dedicated car park. Find out where to park in Bristol.
You can find an access guide on the DisabledGo website.
Facilities and features
- dog-free play area for under 12s
- Cabot Tower
- Brandon Hill Nature Park
- toilets close to Cabot Tower
- two outdoor exercise stations
The tower is open Monday to Sunday from 8am.
Closing times are different throughout the year:
- 5.15pm in November, December and January
- 6.15pm in February
- 7.15pm in March
- 8.15pm in April
- 9.15pm in May, June, July and August
- 8.15pm in September
- 7.15pm in October
Toilets close to Cabot Tower opening times
Monday to Sunday: 8am to 6pm.
You can only have a barbeque in pdf certain parts of Brandon Hill (map) (331 KB) . You must not have the BBQ in a children's play area and the BBQ must be:
- shop bought, not home-made
- placed on the ground, not on park furniture
- on legs, so the grass isn't burnt
- watched when lit
- cold before it's put in a rubbish bin
You must put all litter in a rubbish bin or take it home with you.
Open fires aren't allowed.
The Friends of Brandon Hill is a community group that supports the park. For more information on joining the group visit The Friends of Brandon Hill Facebook page Go to https://www.facebook.com/brandonhillbristol/ (opens new window).
Awards and heritage
Parts of the park are scheduled ancient monuments.